As far as a recipe can be a sentimental thing, this one means a lot to me and I was not sure if I should share it through the internet. But since I love my readers and to be honest not many people will find it because Google won’t position me on top of the search results, I thought why wouldn’t I write a post about my friends most desired dessert made by me.
This recipe is not only one of my favorite recipe because everybody loves it, no, it also made me earn money when I had no job, and was still living at my mother’s house. So this cupcake money helped me make ends meet when I had to watch every cent. Thinking about the past it gave me the idea, now that the difficult period is bridged, to make a giveaway of these mini carrot cupcakes. I will announce the details on Facebook.
Meanwhile if you want to bake these babies, follow the recipe adapted from the Hummingbird Bakery:
What you need for 50 mini cupcakes
for the sponge
- 225g grated carrots
- 40 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml vegetable oil
- 210g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/1 tsp ground ginger
- 40g pecans
for the frosting
- 40g butter
- 180g icing sugar
- 75g Philadelphia cheese
How to bake the mini cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C
- Mix together the carrots, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and sugar until the ingredients are well combines.
- sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices, then slowly beat these into the egg and carrot mixture. Stir in the chopped pecans and mix the cake batter until it is smooth and even.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake cases filling them two thirds full. And bake in the oven for about 12 minutes (18 minutes for normal cupcakes). Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- To make the cheese frosting whisk the butter until fluffy and add the icing sugar in three batches. Add the cheese and mix until smooth and even.
- Fill the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cooled cupcakes.
Make sure to send me your pictures and tag me with #lariviererose if you bake these delicious mini cupcakes. And don’t forget to participate to the giveaway on Facebook.