Strawberry season has finally arrived and I am proud to announce that you can find my new recipe in the summer edition of KACHEN MAGAZINE, go check out their website for many other cool recipes. I got the chance to write a recipe for this edition trough the blog award that I won back in October 2017. This recipe contains my favourite things: strawberries + margaritas. I love doing margaritas in summer but I wanted to do a special version for the magazine and I ended up mixing it with rhubarb, which is a perfect combo. Also a special thanks to Villeroy & Boch for the Brindille plates and glasses!
And here we go:
For the tart
1 tart 20 minutes + 30 minutes rest time + 1 hour baking time
• 10 strawberries • 5 rhubarb stalks • 65 g cold butter
• 65 g of sugar + something for the fruit • 1 pinch of salt • 2 eggs
• 200 g of flour • 2 sachets of vanilla sugar • 80 ml of cream
- Slice the strawberries and rhubarb, put them into one
Bowl and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Dice the butter
and add 65 g of sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix everything by hand or a hand mixer.
Add 1 egg to the bowl and add the flour. Knead for a long time until a smooth dough is formed.
- Wrap the finished
dough in a foil and let it rest for approx. 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Roll out the cooled dough, place in a tart pan and with a fork pierce several times to avoid bubbles forming.
- Mix the second egg with the vanilla sugar and the cream.
Spread the fruit on the dough and add the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 60 minutes.
For the margarita
1 person 5 minutes
• 5 strawberries • 1 tbsp rhubarb jelly • 20 ml tequila • 10 ml Cointreau
• 10 ml lemon juice • 2 ml ginger ale lemonade • crushed ice
Mix all ingredients in the blender, strain into cocktail glasses and immediately