You may have noticed that since I started my diet, which is not really a diet but more a change of my nutrition, I cook my lunch and snacks at home and bring them to work. For the transport I used old takeaway containers, which are not great for the reuse or use in the dishwasher. So it was absolutely convenient when the brand BergHOFF asked me to collaboration with them. They sent me the newest addition to their LEO collection, the to-go collection products. I got the bento box, the dual lunch pot, the travel flatware set, the water bottle and the personalized travel mug with my name on it. They now have this temporary offer, where if you buy the BergHOFF travel mug, you get it pimped for free with whatever text you want.
Since I stared to live more consciously, I try to make as little waste as possible and it is important to purchase products that are qualitative and don’t break quickly. The quality is very important but I have to admit that I also appreciate an attractive design. For me, the LEO on-the-go collection combines quality, functionality and design.
The design of these BergHOFF products inspired me to create the following recipes:
Pumpkin spice latte
Ingredients for 400 ml of pumpkin spice syrup:
- 1 sterilized bottle
- 80 g pumpkin (peeled and cut in dices)
- 300 ml water
- 300 g sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp quatre épices
- Put the pumpkin dices in a steamer or bain-marie until they become soft. Mash the pumpkin to obtain pumpkin puree.
- Add water and sugar to a pot. Constantly stir on medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix with a blender. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Take away from the heat source.
- Add the spices, stir and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Fill your bottle with the syrup. The syrup has to be kept refrigerated.
Ingredients for the latte:
- BergHOFF Leo mug filled with coffee
- 3 tsp home-made whipped cream
- 2 tsp home-made pumpkin spice syrup
- 40 ml oat milk
- cinnamon to dust over the latte
- Take your BergHOFF mug filled with coffee and add the syrup, then the milk. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon powder.
Colorful vegetarian couscous salad
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 bag of couscous
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber cut in strips
- 1/2 yellow peach cut in strips
- a handful of raisins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp dried coriander
- crushed nuts to decorate
- Cook the couscous as indicated on the package and let it cool down.
- Grill the cherry tomatoes for 15 minutes in the oven at 200°C .
- Mix everything and decorate with nuts and grilled cherry tomatoes.
Pink beet humus
Ingredients for 1 big bowl:
- 1 small beet root
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 30 ml olive oil
- 60 ml tahini paste
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml chickpea water
- 1 fresh onion
- salt & pepper
- Pour all the ingredients in your blender and mix for 1 minute. If the humus is too stiff, you can add some water or lemon juice.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables.
I hope you enjoyed my recipes and you took my no waste policy to heart. Busy reusable products to pack your drinks and lunch and save the planet!