Last week on thursday I attended a blogger event at Le Zai organized by the lovely Elodie Schmitt who works for the Zheng restaurants (Le Zai & Ginko Sushi) in Strassen. It was a good distraction from last week which was chaotic and stressful because of personal issues. I had the chance to meet blogger colleagues I knew virtually but not in real life and I mus say that they were easy going, terre à terre, not like some other bloggers I know.
Cocottes Glacis – the place to be… I know, I know, I’m a poet! Joke aside, I enjoyed the blogger lunch at Cocottes Glacis where I was invited to test new products from their range. I didn’t expect that I would like the food so much. I have to admit that I hadn’t eaten at Cocottes before and I thought that it would be another hipster, over priced, place to eat, forgotten in a few months. But I found out that it actually is a place where a lot of different people take a seat to have their lunch, that the food doesn’t only look pretty but it’s also very tasty and that the price is justified for fresh, organic and local products.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE: SAMOSAS
Since my Instagram post about the samosas I did last week generated many likes, I decided to do a step by step recipe about it. If you know the technique to fold samosas, it’s not very tricky to do them. I made some step by step photos on how to fold them and you can additionally find videos on Youtube about the fold technique.
Last night I watched the Super Bowl with my friends. Let’s be honest, I wanted to watch it for the half time show, I’m a huge Lady Gaga fan and of course for the snacks and drinks. After way too many nachos and hot dogs I felt very tired and well I took a nap to wake up just before Lady Gaga spidermaned the stage. Her performance was as I expected, professional, glittery, not lip synched and entertaining. After the half time show I decided to go to bed because the Falcons seemed to win the game and obviously because I was tired and had eaten all the snacks. Who knew at that moment that the Patriots would come back to win the game!?
After years of searching for the perfect cookie recipe, I didn’t manage to find it. But fortunately I have a good friend, let’s call him Damiano B. from D. (28), who found it for me and also for YOU if you’re reading my blog. By the way, thank you for reading this! That said, I assure you that if you’ll bake these cookies, people who’ll try them, will ask you for more. It’s certainly not the healthiest food for your body but they’re worth the work out after a binge.
You always wanted to make tarte flambée at home or maybe you want to try a new recipe that is easy and fast to prepare? Follow my steps and the taste and smell of Alsace will invade your kitchen. Well don’t do it like me on the second time I tried the recipe.You better know your oven, because when I did it in my friends oven (Does this sound like metaphorical dirty talk? Yes it does, but it’s not meant to!) I burnt my Flammkuchen because her oven was too powerful. (Again, this is meant literally!)
Hey guys, today we are cooking octopus. If you think octopus is disgusting and repulsive, I can understand you, because I didn’t eat it for 27 years. So stop reading this and switch to my sweet and cute cupcake recipe.
But if like me since 5 years, you already tried pulpo a la gallega, you know that it tastes so good that you even see beauty in those squishy tentacles. Look at them!
As far as a recipe can be a sentimental thing, this one means a lot to me and I was not sure if I should share it through the internet. But since I love my readers and to be honest not many people will find it because Google won’t position me on top of the search results, I thought why wouldn’t I write a post about my friends most desired dessert made by me.
This recipe is not only one of my favorite recipe because everybody loves it, no, it also made me earn money when I had no job, and was still living at my mother’s house. So this cupcake money helped me make ends meet when I had to watch every cent. Thinking about the past it gave me the idea, now that the difficult period is bridged, to make a giveaway of these mini carrot cupcakes. I will announce the details on Facebook.
Meanwhile if you want to bake these babies, follow the recipe adapted from the Hummingbird Bakery:
What you need for 50 mini cupcakes
for the sponge
- 225g grated carrots
- 40 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 175 ml vegetable oil
- 210g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/1 tsp ground ginger
- 40g pecans
for the frosting
- 40g butter
- 180g icing sugar
- 75g Philadelphia cheese
How to bake the mini cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C
- Mix together the carrots, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and sugar until the ingredients are well combines.
- sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices, then slowly beat these into the egg and carrot mixture. Stir in the chopped pecans and mix the cake batter until it is smooth and even.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake cases filling them two thirds full. And bake in the oven for about 12 minutes (18 minutes for normal cupcakes). Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- To make the cheese frosting whisk the butter until fluffy and add the icing sugar in three batches. Add the cheese and mix until smooth and even.
- Fill the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cooled cupcakes.
Make sure to send me your pictures and tag me with #lariviererose if you bake these delicious mini cupcakes. And don’t forget to participate to the giveaway on Facebook.
If you’re looking to bake something quick and easy that satisfies children’s taste try this simple yoghurt cake. It may look tricky to realise because of the decoration but it’s only melted chocolate with nuts, almonds and giltter. Hello!? Glitter is important and it makes the cakes look so pretty! These are two smaller cakes because smaller is cuter and it doesn’t try out if you eat it quicker.
What you need for one cake:
- 1 pot unflavoured yoghurt (125g), use pot as measure
- 2 pots of sugar
- 3 pots of flour
- 1/2 pot of oil (colza)
- 2 eggs, 3 if they are very small
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
Mix first the sandy ingredients and then add the liquids. Place in a baking tray and put it in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
That’s it! Decorate it however you fancy by using melted chocolate as glue.
This is one of the recipes you have absolutely to print, because it’s a family recipe. This tortilla recipe comes from Galice, Spain, I learned it from my mother and she learned it from her mother. It is made of potatoes, onions, eggs and oil and it is not tricky if you follow the tips.
I made it for brunch for my friends and it’s a dish that fits almost every special diet. You can eat it warm but also cold as a main, appetizer or for tapas.
Ingredients for 1 big tortilla:
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 white onions
- 8 eggs
- colza oil, enough to fry the potatoes in a pan
- salt and pepper
How do I cook it?
- Peel and cube the potatoes, peel and cube the onions, if you have a Quick Chef from Tupperware use it for the onions, it will be very fast and no tears will fall! No risk to look like Marilyn Manson because of the running mascara, unless you want it!
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onions and stew gently, partially covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Strain the potatoes and onions through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside).
- Beat the eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes salt and pepper. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan. Tip everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the tortilla.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes. Invert twice more, cooking the tortilla briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. It shouldn’t be pale but a little coloured. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Dat hei ass e Rezept wats de onbedéngt printe muss, well et e Familjerezept ass. D’Rezept kennt aus Galizien, Spuenien, ech hunn et vu menger Mamm bäibruecht kritt a sie vun hierer Mamm. Et ass eng Omlette mat Gromperen, Ënnen, Är an Ueleg, déi net schwéier ze kachen ass wann een dem Rezept genau nolauschtert.
Ech hat des Tortilla fir e Brunch mat menge Kollege gekacht. Ech fannen Tortilla formidabel well egal wéi kriddeleg d’Leit sinn, vegetaresch, allergesch, déi Meescht kennen et awer iessen. Kann ee waarm, kal, als Apéro , Haaptplat awer natierlech och als Tapas iessen.
Wat brauch ech fir 1 grouss Tortilla?
- 1kg Gromperen
- 2 wäiss Ënnen
- 8 Är
- Kolza Ueleg, genuch fir de Fong vun enger Pan ze fëllen, fir d’Gromperen ze frittéieren
- Salz a Peffer
Wat muss ech maachen?
- Grompere schielen an a Kübe schneiden, dat selwecht mat den Ënnen. Wann s du een Quick Chef vun Tupperware hues, benotz en fir d’Ënnen ze schneiden, sou ass et séier gemaach an et fléisse keng Tréinen. Keng Gefor auszegesi wéi de Marilyn Manson well de Mascara ausgelaf ass. Ausser et well en dat onbedéngt!
- Ueleg an enger grousser Pan ganz waarm maachen, Gromperen an Ënnen dobäi maachen a lues mëschen, hallef bedecken an 25 bis 30 Minutte goe loosse bis d’Gromperen ebe mell sinn. D’Gromperen an d’Ënne siften awer e bëssi Ueleg rëm opfänken, an op d’Säit leen.
- D’Är an enger Schossel klappen an se an d’Grompermixtur vermëschen, salzen a pefferen. Bëssi Ueleg an enger Pan waarm maachen an d’Mixtur lues (ganz wichteg!!!net ze waarm, héchstens op 4) goe loossen. Mat Hëllef vun engem Läffel schéi formen.
- Wann d’Tortilla scho bal fest ass, mat Hëllef vun engem Plateau wenden an zeréck an d’Pan schieben fir puer Minutte weider ze broden. Nach 2 Mol dréine bis d’Tortilla eng schéi brong Faarf krit wéi op menger Foto. 10 Minutte kille loossen an da kann een se schneiden.
Hei nach eng Foto mam Uebst wou guer net giess ginn ass, well meng Tortilla fantastesch gutt war 😉